Attachment styles don't just apply to relationships.
When healing my relationship with money, I noticed common patterns that also presented themselves in my relationships.
So to help you out here, how do you feel about money?
1) Anxious - You’re always worried about your bills and afraid that you won’t have enough money or enough clients. You always have the feeling that is not enough.
2) Secure - You trust your abilities to make money and feel safe and abundant with it.
3) Avoidant - You avoid looking at your bank account as it feels extremely uncomfortable and triggers you.
The way you relate to your money says a lot about the relationship you have not only with money but with life.
It’s not about the amount you have… It’s about your attachment to money. You can be a millionaire and still don’t feel safe with your money and let worry take over you.
Money is the main symbol to feel safe and secure in life and that is only a representation of how you felt in your early days as a child.
Did you feel safe with your providers (caretakers)?
Did you have your needs met?
Did you receive enough love?
Was there emotional avoidance in your household?
Did you grow up in a poverty-conscious country? (like me?)
Was money something normal to talk about?
Answering those questions will help you identify why you relate to money in the way you do and once you’re aware of it you can make the change.
Working on your triggers, anxiety and attachment style with money will improve not only your bank account but your overall well-being.
So how can you start making the change?!
1) Working on your anxiety levels and being curious about what are you really afraid of?
2) Releasing the emotional charge you feel around money and creating new feelings and beliefs to support the reality you want to create with money.
3) Building a relationship with your inner child and releasing the memories of when you felt unsafe, deprived and controlled. (those feelings and behaviours are usually projected into money)
It’s not the amount of money that makes you feel free… It’s your attachment to it!
Only when you free yourself from money is actually when you can make more, save more, grow more and have fun with it.
Know more HERE about how I can help you heal, shift and change your relationship with money so you can create an abundant and prosperous life by doing the work you absolutely love.